Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Time for Cake

As an Amy Atlas fan, I do love an over-the-top dessert buffet or sweets table but the traditionalist in me is thrilled that the classic white wedding cake is the industry's pick for 2010. I had one and so did my sister and the white wedding cake remains a much-loved motif for weddings. The filling can still reflect your personal taste - chocolate, carrot, traditional fruit cake and more - and the icing is not limited to marzipan, what about fondant or buttercream icing? I topped mine with handcrafted iced flowers while my sister's was topped with roses from our mom's garden and matched her bouquet. Your choice of cake toppers is also endless. One thing is for sure, cutting the traditional white cake is a romantic and special moment of any wedding day.

My gorgeous cake beautifully made bycake genius, Franco the Cakeman

Elegant white wedding cake via Martha Stewart Weddings

Eyelet cake inspired by a pretty cotton summer dress via Martha Stewart Weddings


A simple modern take on the white wedding cake via The Knot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails